- 1/2 Head of white cabbage (approx. 600 g)
- 400 g Potatoes
- 500 g Hokkaido pumpkin
- 1 onion
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 tsp dried herbs of Provence
- 1–1 1/4 l Vegetable broth
- 1 small stick of leek (leek; approx. 200 g)
- 4-6 Cabbage sausages
- ground caraway seeds
- Clean and quarter the cabbage and remove the stalk. Cut the cabbage into thin strips. Peel, wash, and cut the potatoes into cubes. Wash the pumpkin, remove the seeds, and cut the pulp into cubes. Now peel the onions and cut them into rings.
- Heat oil in a pot. Sauté the cabbage and onion strips for 3–4 minutes, then add the potatoes and pumpkin. Season with herbs, salt, and pepper and simmer for another 2-3 minutes. Now pour in the stock and leave it for 30 minutes.
- Clean the leek, cut into the upper third, and wash. Cut the leek into rings. Add the leek and cabbage sausage to the pot about 15 minutes before the end of the cooking time. Season the stew with salt, pepper, and a little caraway and serve
- With 6 people: