When the sour, fresh aroma of apples meets sweet-tasting beetroot, it becomes really delicious in the soup bowl.
- 1 onion
- 2 (approx. 350 g) Beetroots
- 1 small apple (e.g. Cox Orange)
- 1 tsp oil
- 1 tsp Vegetable broth (instant)
- 1/2 bunch chives
- 4 tbsp sour cream
- 1 tbsp Horseradish (glass)
- salt and pepper
- 100 g flatbread
- Peel and dice the onion and beetroot. Now wash the apples. Cut and dice slices around the core. Mix 1 tablespoon with lemon juice and set aside.
- Heat the oil in the pan. Sauté the onion, beetroot, and apple in it for about 5 minutes. Add 3/8 l of water and stock, bring to the boil. Cover and cook for approx. 20 minutes until soft.
- In the meantime, wash the chives, shake dry and cut into rolls. Mix the sour cream, horseradish, and chives together. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Cut bread into thin slices and toast in the toaster.
- Finely puree the soup with a hand blender. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Serving. Stir in the horseradish cream in streaks and sprinkle with apple cubes. Serve with flatbread.